This is where I take over the blog… well, with a bit of help from my rent Maggie who can use a key board.
So with all this space to myself, I’ll give the low down on some of those Cornish pubs and restaurants I’ve been trying out over the summer. It helps with my ‘socialisation’ – or so I’m told. Yeh right! More like the owners wanting an excuse to try out the places for themselves. Anyway, here’s my top 10 pooch friendly west Cornwall places….
1) ‘Godolphin Arms’, just down the road from my pad in Marazion. Views to die for, great doggy friendly staff and nice crunchy free biscuits. I always get a big welcome from Robin the manager. Not too far from the beach!
2) ‘Tinners Arms’ in Zennor. When I visited there on a warm July day, I got my very own bed to lie on and a big bowl of water. What more can a hot pooch ask for?
3) ‘Ship Inn’ Mousehole. Love the old stone floor – a girl’s got to cool down in the summer heat – and lots of other mutts to ogle at.
4) ‘Kings Arms’ Marazion. Another one right on my doorstep and I’ve got to know a regular doggy dude called Cody. He doesn’t like to share his crisps but otherwise he’s a handsome hunk. Nice fresh water and plenty of it.
5) ‘Gurnards Head’ Zennor. Gorgeous smell of roast meats and an ideal meeting place for us four legged types. A chilled out kind of Sunday spot.
6) ‘Lugger Inn’ Penzance. Right across from the promenade and plenty of places to chill outside. No free biscuits but loads of water bowls and in good sniffing distance of the sea.
7) ‘Harbour Inn’ Porthleven. Great spot to lounge around either inside or out and the staff seem to adore us mutts. Always get a pat and a friendly play there.
8) ‘Falmouth Packet’ Rosudgeon. Love the beer garden and there’s a clever house pooch who I’ve seen opening a door all by himself. That’s an art I’d like to master – very handy. (Or should that be paw-ey?)
9) Yet another Marazion one – this time a ‘Deli’ whatever that means. It’s called ‘Delicious’ and I hear it lives up to its name. Mutts always welcome even though it’s not that big a place. Smells divine, especially those local sausages!
10) ‘Victoria Inn’, Perranuthnoe. Another fantastic Cornish dog friendly pub and the humans are always raving about the food there. Haven’t managed to snaffle any scraps yet but nice laid back atmosphere.